Conrad Johnson PV10AL TUBE PREAMP
LINESTAGE ONLY NO PHONO
The PV10 drew on the technology of conrad-johnson’s path-breaking Premier Seven to achieve musical performance beyond its modest price.
The line stages are zero feedback design.
The PV10A revision featured a new line stage circuit based on two 12AU7s. A bit more than a year after the introduction of the PV10A, a line-stage only version was offered — the PV10AL. There have been three variants of the PV10A and AL. The first had the same control set as the PV10, as listed below. The second used a new balance control, with a detented center position that was out of the circuit. The balance enable/disable switch was deleted. The final version of the PV10A and AL deleted the balance control. Aside from these changes, and associated cosmetic revisions, the three versions are all identical in circuitry.
- One Tape input with monitor and recording facilities
- One main output
- Auto-muting to suppress warm-up transients
- Balance (deleted in last version of PV10A and AL)
- Balance In/Out (deleted in later versions of PV10A and AL)
- 31.5 dB (18 dB for PV10A and PV10AL)
- Distortion: less than .1% THD or IMD
- Response: bandpass 2Hz to more than 100kHz
- RIAA Equalization: +/- .25 dB (20 to 20 kHz)
- S/N Ratio: Phono Stage 72 dB below 10 mv input
- Line Stage 84 dB below 2.5 volt output
- Phase: Line Stage phase inverting, Phono Stage phase correct